While age, gender and skin type are traditional demographics for skincare manufacturers to market their products, because Biologi treats the skin on a deeper level to improve cellular function, the clean cosmeceutical range is suitable for anyone with, well, skin!
Typically, men’s skin is up to 25% thicker than a woman’s. But while men are more susceptible to irritation and sensitivity from the impact of shaving, the dexterity of the skin doesn’t stop our active ingredients from working to their fullest potential.
From our friends at Biologi, here are some expert tips for mens
skincare & shaving:
Step 1 – Prep your skin.
• Before you shave, start with cleansing your skin which will help with softening your beard hair for a better result.
• Use a couple of pumps of Biologi Bc Refresh Cleanser onto damp skin, gently massage, leave on for a couple of minutes and then thoroughly rinse off.
Our tip: We recommend cleansing whilst in the shower before you shave as the warmth of the shower and the cleanser helps to prep, soften, and prepare for the next step of getting the optimal shave.
Step 2 – Shaving steps.
• Apply a couple of pumps of Bc Refresh cleanser onto your damp skin and gently massage into beard area.
• Using even strokes, blade in the direction of the hair growth.
• Rinse the razor well in between strokes.
• Rinse skin well with tepid (not hot) water.
• Pat skin dry and apply 1 pump of Bf Restore Face & Serum to maintain skin
hydration, protection and to avoid any shaving irritation.
Our tip: Shaving with the direction of the beard growth helps to avoid razor irritation, redness, and ingrown hairs. If you need to go over any area for a closer shave, always go with the hair growth for the first shave pass and then only if needed, go against for the second pass.
The recommended Biologi skincare regime for men.
1. Clean skin with Bc Refresh Cleaner. This serum cleanser will clean the skin effectively, has no fragrance and perfect to use with or without shaving.
2. Apply Bf Restore Face & Body Serum every morning, particularly after shaving to hydrate, protect and soothe. Then follow with a SPF.
3. At night, introduce some extra care if needed by applying Br Rosehip Oil for a drier skin type, or Bd Luminosity Serum if you have an oilier skin type.
4. To combat fine lines around the eyes, try the Bk Rejuvenation Serum, Biologi’s Vitamin C serum to support and fight the signs of ageing.
5. Avoid using “aftershave” as they generally contain alcohol and ingredients that can cause sensitivity and irritation to the skin.
Our tip: Avoid applying your aftershave fragrance on your face, as it can irritate and sensitise your skin, try applying on your body or spray over clothes.
Why men will enjoy using Biologi skincare.
• There is no artificial scent. Why? Because it doesn’t contain any artificial fragrance whatsoever. Our serums contain 100% actives from plants and 0.2% sodium benzoate and nothing else. Any scent is purely from the plant actives themselves.
• Our packaging has a simple and unisex appeal. Why? We focus on what is inside the bottle, not the outside. Our serums are delivered in airless packaging and every pump is a measured dose for no waste, ease of use and phyto-active activity.
• It’s easy to use, effective and provides your skin with everything it needs. Perfect for the man on the go who doesn’t want or need a lengthy skincare regime.