This amazing recipe from our friends at The Beauty Chef holds an immune-boosting secret…
Combining The Beauty Chef new IMMUNE Food Inner Beauty Support with digestive-boosting ginger and peppermint, these jellies are perfect for when you’re feeling a little under the weather. They also contain both blueberries and raspberries—both rich in skin-loving anthocyanins and vitamin C—so they double up as the ultimate skin-plumping treat.
1 cup (120g) fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup (120g) fresh or frozen raspberries
3 teaspoons finely grated ginger
2 cups (500mL) filtered water
1 ½ teaspoons loose-leaf peppermint tea, OR 1 tea bag
1 tablespoon powdered grass-fed gelatin
1 tablespoon raw or Manuka honey
2 teaspoons IMMUNE FOOD™ Inner Beauty Support
Canned coconut cream/milk or coconut yoghurt, to serve (optional)
1. Lightly grease a 21cm x 10cm (base measurement) loaf tin and line the base and sides with plastic wrap or a silicon sheet, allowing extra to overhang which you will use to lift the jelly out of the tin when set.
2. Place the blueberries, raspberries, ginger and 1 ½ cups (375mL) of the water in a small saucepan. Set over medium heat for 10–15 minutes, until water starts to simmer, and berries begin to soften and release their juices. Gently squash the berries with the back of a fork. Add the peppermint tea and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pour the remaining water into a small, wide heatproof bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin. Set aside for 5 minutes to bloom, or until softened.
4. Strain the berry liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into a jug or bowl. Using the back of a spoon, press the berries to extract all their juice, whilst ensuring none of the flesh or seeds pass through. Add the honey and stir to combine.
5. If the berry liquid is still warm/hot, add the softened gelatin and stir until melted. If the liquid has cooled, transfer one-quarter into a saucepan, add the softened gelatin and warm over low heat, until melted. Do not boil. Pour the warm liquid back into the cold and stir to combine.
6. Once the berry liquid is at room temperature, add the IMMUNE FOOD™ powder and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared tin. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, until set.
7. Using the plastic wrap or silicon sheet as handles, lift the jelly out of the tin. Trim the edges and cut into cubes.
8. Serve immediately as is, or with some coconut cream/milk or coconut yoghurt.
LOW-FODMAP OPTION: Replace ½ cup (60g) of the blueberries with strawberries. Swap the honey for pure maple syrup.