Dermapen, Dermal Pen, eDermaStamp - don't know where to start? All of these are actually the same thing and use Collagen Induction Therapy to cause controlled trauma to the skin to promote healing, helps the appearance of scarring, pigmentation, and wrinkles.
How it works
eDermastamp pen uses advanced skin needling technology to help encourage collagen production and create smooth, healthy and younger-looking skin. It can target and help minimise the appearance of :
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring, Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, box scars , pox scars
- Open pores and skin texture issues
- Pigmentation,uneven skin tone and Melasma.
- Encourage elastin production to help tightening the skin
A pen-like tool has 6 micro needles and is used to create micro wounds in the skin, these are microscopic so cannot be seen by the naked eye. This encourages the skin to heal and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
This treatment is minimally invasive and is considered safe and relatively painless.
- Avoid Sun exposure for 24-48 hours
- Recommended to start a skincare regime recommend by an professional skin therapist for pre-conditioning a minimum 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid Retin A, Antibiotics, Exfoliants, and Hydroquinone use 7 days before
- No hair removal 7 days before or after treatment (waxing, shaving, epilating etc)
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is recommended to take an antiviral medication for 2 -3 days leading up to the appointment. If you have a cold sore on the day please reschedule
What to Expect
- Skin will feel warm/hot like a mild sunburn
- Skin may feel very tight
- Skin will be red post treatment – a lot of this subside a few hours post treatment, but can take 3-4 days to disappear completely
- Avoid make up application for 24 hours
- On day 3-5 post treatment you may experience some peeling/dry flaking skin
- Avoid excess heat (gym, hot showers, heated pools, saunas) for 48-72hours.
- If you are having your treatment during the day, please apply Sunscreen One (1) Hour after your treatment.
- Your evening routine, please use your normal cleanser, a hydrating serum and moisturiser.
- No exfoliating products for 7 days.
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks
- Do not apply cold compresses or ice packs to the skin for 24-48 hours post treatment, however an aftercare or soothing gel may be used
- Avoid taking ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatories for 24-48 hours post treatment
- Do not exercise or sweat for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine drinks for 24 hours.
- Wear SPF 30+ daily
- Do not pick or Peel at skin during the healing process.