Facial massage tools have been around for centuries but are quickly gaining mainstream recognition and are changing the way we care for our skin at home.
Incorporating a Gua Sha stone into your daily skincare routine boasts a wide range of skin and health benefits – helping you fast track your way to healthy glowing skin.
So what exactly are the benefits of these tools and how do we use them in our skincare routines? Facial massage is known to help sculpt, lift & tone the muscles resulting in firmer skin and enhanced jawline & cheekbones, while the ritual of massage helps to relieve muscle tension and reduce stress (Something we all need a little bit of right now).
By kick-starting the lymphatic system, a Gua Sha stone also helps to drain excess fluid, reduce puffiness and shift unwanted toxins out of the skin for a brighter, smoother complexion. This ritual also aids in the absorption of your serums, meaning you will be getting the most out of those skin loving ingredients.
Benefits of Gua Sha:
- Brighter, clearer complexion
- Encourages lymph drainage which clears toxins out of the skin, improving congestion and blackheads
- Releases facial muscle tension
- Firms & tightens the skin
- Increases circulation
- Mindful ritual helps reduce stress
Why Black Obsidian & Rose Quartz?
Careful consideration goes into the materials our tools are made from for added benefits, like our carefully selected Rose Quartz & Black Obsidian Gua Sha tools. Black Obsidian is known to draw out negative energies and reduce stress. It also retains warmth making it excellent for lymphatic drainage and increasing circulation. Rose Quartz is known for its healing soothing properties, while promoting gentleness & self love.
Our expert skin therapists share their top tips on how to use your Gua Sha stones at home:
- Start with cleansed skin & a spritz of a hydrating toner
- Apply your favourite serum or oil to the face & neck
- Using your Gua Sha stone, gently glide in outwards strokes, starting at the neck and working upwards & outwards. Repeat x5 times on each area, spending around 10 minutes per day
- Pay extra attention around the eyes, gently draining outwards to reduce puffiness, increase circulation (bringing nutrients to the area) and brightening the under eyes.
Shop our Gua Sha tools: